People like non-fungible tokens – level 2
NFTs are non-fungible tokens, and they became very popular in 2021. A non-fungible item means that there exists only one original, and people cannot make a copy of it.
There is a special digital certificate which the owner has, and the person who made the item can see who the owner is.
Artists, musicians, and creators sold some very unusual things this year. People spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on horses which lived only online, digital trading cards, or a virtual reality house. Some people like the idea of being the only one who owns something, and they will pay anything for that.
Difficult words: token (a piece of paper or card which people exchange things), creator (a person who makes something), trading card (a set of cards with pictures which usually children collect, and they trade them with each other).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.