People Protest against Masks – level 2
The whole world is fighting with the coronavirus. In many countries, people must cover their faces and keep a distance from each other.
However, some people are starting to get angry because they do not like to wear face masks for many weeks. They refuse to wear the masks.
In a store in Florida USA, a group of people protested against face masks. They marched through the store, and they shouted at other people. They were not wearing face masks. Other people were very surprised when the protesters shouted at them to take their masks off.
In the past, the US president did not want to wear a mask, and he refused to wear it during a meeting with journalists. However, he changed his opinion, and he urged people to wear masks in public and to keep a safe distance from each other.
Difficult words: refuse (to say no), march (to walk like soldiers), urge (to strongly suggest something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos