People trash many clothes – level 1
Clothing companies make too many clothes. These clothes do not last very long. People throw them away after a few times. People do not think what happens to these clothes.
Millions of tons of clothes travel from North America, Europe, and Australia. They go to countries like Ghana or India.
In Ghana, workers sort and sell these clothes. The clothing amount is too much. 40% of these clothes become waste. They end up in rivers and the sea.
Workers in India make new materials from some of these clothes. Even these materials become waste one day.
Some companies want to change the situation. They make better quality clothes. They last longer. The problem is that most companies don’t want to change. They care only about profit.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.