People want their money – level 1
This news is about an economic crisis in Lebanon. The crisis starts three years ago.
People keep their savings in banks. The government says that people cannot get all their money from their accounts. They can get only some money. This is the only way to stop the collapse of the money system in Lebanon. People are angry. They want their money. They attack banks.
Last week, a man with a gun comes to a bank in Beirut. He wants all his money. He says that he will not leave the bank. A group of people outside the bank cheer on this man. He is a hero for them. Similar incidents happen in five other banks on Friday.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.