Photos of Mars – level 1
Tianwen-1 is a Chinese spacecraft. In July 2020, the spacecraft starts its journey to Mars. No people are on the spacecraft. The journey takes seven months.
The spacecraft travels 475 million kilometers. It gets to Mars in February 2021. The spacecraft goes around Mars 1,300 times. It takes many pictures. Mars is a very important planet.
Some pictures show the bottom of Mars. Water is under this area. Scientists believe that life can be in the water. Other pictures show craters, and valleys, and mountains.
The spacecraft is the second to go to Mars. The first spacecraft is the US spacecraft. Its name is Viking 1. It goes to Mars in the 1970s.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.