Pictures in Your Hair – level 2
After he got a new idea about a year ago, people are noticing a hairdresser in Brazil who shaves and cuts hair on people’s heads to create portraits of famous people.
Holding a picture or a smart phone, he shaves the hair to make an outline of a picture. Then he uses a razorblade to make details and afterwards can add colour.
The hairdresser said that cutting hair this way makes him happy but he is also happy that young people who are interested in his pictures of a famous footballer are now becoming also interested in hairdressing.
Difficult words: portrait (a picture), outline (the basic parts of something), razorblade (a small, thin and very sharp thing for cutting).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Would you get a picture on your head?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos