Pink Chocolate – level 1
Pink is a new colour of chocolate. Supposedly, it comes from a new type of cocoa.
Some people do not like this. One person says that the pink chocolate will cost a lot. Businesses will sell it for a lot. He says that they will sell it to rich people who enjoy food.
Another person says that all cocoa beans turn into dark chocolate. You grind them and they change colour. She says that maybe the pink chocolate is from a new bean. Or maybe it is white chocolate with some fruit.
Difficult words: supposedly (what people say), cocoa (a bean that people make chocolate from), grind (crush into a powder).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos