Pink Chocolate – level 3
The newest natural colour for chocolate is pink, after 80 years of the colours that we are used to. The colour comes from a ‘newly discovered’ cocoa bean, and people have been developing it for 13 years.
Some people are sceptical about the claims about pink chocolate. Angus Kennedy, editor of a magazine about sweets, says that people are selling this to those who are ‘hedonistic, self-indulgent consumers’ that are not worried about the cost. He thinks that people will sell this chocolate for at least twice as much just because they can.
Fatima Mendy, founder of a chocolate store, said that all cocoa beans become dark chocolate. She thinks that the pink chocolate will either be a crossbreed or white chocolate mixed with fruit.
Difficult words: claims (what people say), hedonistic (someone who thinks that pleasure is the most important thing), self-indulgent (when you get things that you like but do not need), crossbreed (when two different plants or animals breed together, they make a new plant or animal).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos