Plane Incident in Turkey – level 3
A plane from Turkey’s capital of Ankara touched down in Trabzon, a city in northern Turkey, but the plane did not safely land. It skidded off the runway and plummeted down a cliff heading straight towards the Black Sea.
In a statement, the airline said that the plane experienced a runway excursion incident. People are investigating the cause of the excursion, but a bird strike or ice may have been responsible, according to Turkish media.
The incident created panic amongst the 162 passengers and crew on board, but everybody disembarked the plane uninjured.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.