Plane Sinks – level 3
People submerged a Jordanian Airforce Hercules transporter plane in the Gulf of Aqaba to create new coral reefs to attract scuba divers.
Prior to the sinking ceremony, which hundreds of people attended, people removed all fuel and hazardous materials from the plane.
One Danish tourist said that there are already many great diving sites in Jordan, but for it to have a plane is something ‘very good’.
Difficult words: submerge (sink), prior to (before), hazardous (dangerous).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos