Planet Nine – level 3
Scientists observed some very strange behaviour at the edge of our solar system, and the only possible explanation is that there is another planet which is 9th.
No one has seen this planet, but we have seen its gravitational influence. The scientists modelled the hypothetical planet’s gravitational effects on several known bodies in the region and found a near perfect match, which they described as a jaw-dropping moment.
For the observable effects to occur, the planet would be about 10 times bigger than Earth and be much farther than Neptune on a very elliptical orbit. The next scientific discovery now remains to observe the planet directly.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about new planet?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.