Plastic in food – level 1
Microplastics are very small pieces of plastics. We cannot see them. They are everywhere. They are in the oceans and in the soil, too.
British researchers find how much microplastics are in the traditional Christmas dinner. They cook two dinners. The ingredients for one dinner are wrapped in plastic. The ingredients for the second dinner come in no plastic.
The first dinner has a lot more plastic than the second one. 230,000 pieces of microplastic are in it. If people eat this dinner every day, they will eat two plastic bags.
Experts say that in 20 years, three times as much plastic will be on Earth. People can slow down this problem. They can buy less things in plastic.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.