Plastics in the Black Sea – level 3
The Black Sea is located between Eastern Europe, the Caucasus and Western, Asia and it is facing serious environmental risks. A recent report claims that around 3 tons of plastic waste flow into the sea every day.
Two Bulgarian windsurfers are trying to raise awareness through their campaign ‘WIND2WIN’. One of them said that there are days when people literally have to go around pieces of rubbish so that they can surf.
Another surf instructor believes that prevention is key – people themselves need to start thinking about recycling and using reusable plastic products rather than single-use plastics.
Furthermore, she thinks that the strategy on how to tackle this problem needs to come from above, as in the Ministry of Environment and Water.
Difficult words: claim (say), raise awareness (to let people know about the problem), tackle (deal with), key (very important).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos