Poland is afraid of Russia – level 2
Poland, Germany, and the Netherlands signed the ‘military Schengen’ agreement. The reason is moving soldiers faster in Europe.
This comes as Russia’s actions worry Poland. The agreement helps Ukraine and improves NATO’s readiness to react to anything what Russia does. Poland’s Defense Minister says that being able to move soldiers quickly is very important because of the Ukraine conflict. The Dutch Ambassador thinks this is necessary for facing future problems.
For Poland, this is important for both security and EU status after a change in government.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What is the significance of the 'military Schengen' agreement for Poland, and how does it impact both their security and EU status?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.