Police find 50 kilograms of cocaine – level 2
Near the Hunter River in New South Wales, Australian police found an unconscious man in expensive diving equipment.
Paramedics tried to help him, but he died. Near the body, police found 50 kilograms of white powder. They believed it was cocaine; its worth may be about $ 14 million.
Police didn’t know if the man had something to do with the cocaine. They searched a ship which docked nearby, and they talked to the crew. Divers searched the river, and authorities asked people for help to find two boats. Someone saw them in the area on Sunday night.
Difficult words: unconscious (when a person looks as if he is asleep, and he doesn’t react to anything), paramedic (a person whose job is to help injured or ill people), dock (to stay at a place where ships load and unload things).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos