Police find 50 kilograms of cocaine – level 3
On a riverbank in New South Wales, Australian police found an unconscious man who was wearing high-end diving equipment.
Nearby, they found several packages that contained a white powder. Police estimated the worth to be about $14 million of a suspected 50 kilograms of cocaine.
Despite paramedic treatment, the man died at the scene. Police later identified the man was a foreign national. Police didn’t know if the two incidents were linked. They also searched an overseas-registered ship docked near the crime scene, and they talked to the crew.
Divers are searching the surrounding waters, and authorities are seeking help in identifying two small boats. People reported they were near the ship on Sunday night.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.