Police officers save a dog – level 2
Cold weather came to northern Spain, and it brought many problems.
On December 6, it was Constitution Day, and many people left to visit their families. Authorities asked people to return home because they expected heavy snow in the coming days.
Then, a video on social media showed two police officers who saved a dog which was stuck in icy water in the Canfranc Reservoir. The two men took off their uniforms, and they walked through the cold water. One of them used a tree branch to break the ice and to get to the dog. The animal could then swim to the bank of the lake.
Difficult words: reservoir (a large lake which people use to store water), branch (a part of a tree where leaves grow), bank (the land by a river or lake).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos