Police officers save a dog – level 3
Two Spanish police officers went way beyond the call of duty to rescue a dog as cold weather arrived in the northern part of the country.
The heroic men took off their uniforms before wading into a frozen reservoir in Canfranc, eastern Spain and dragged the pet to safety. One of the officers used a large tree branch to break the thick ice that had formed on the lake’s surface. He also used the branch to reach the dog that had already been stuck for hours. The men cleared a path for the animal to swim to safety.
The Spanish Meteorological Agency predicted heavy snow and high wind in parts of northern Spain, and authorities advised people to return early from a five-day break.
Difficult words: go way beyond (to do more than expected), call of duty (the feeling that someone should do something because it’s his duty), wade (to walk through water or other liquid with difficulty),.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.