Pope Francis and Internet Problems – level 3
Pope Francis talked about ‘troubling things on the Internet’. First, he discussed pornography, which habitually seeing can cause the stimulation threshold to raise. Then he spoke about the phenomenon of ‘sexting’ between young men and women on social media, and how online bullying is an actual moral and physical attack on young people.
Last, he mentioned ‘sextortion’, which is when adults solicit minors to use them for sexual purposes, online sexual trafficking, and the live views of rape and violence against minors all over the world.
Pope Francis said that it would be a serious delusion to think that allowing so much sex on the Internet would protect minors.
Difficult words: habitually (frequently), stimulation threshold (how much excitement a person needs to feel sexually interested), bullying (hurting someone weaker than you), solicit (look for and use), minor (a child), delusion (a false idea).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.