President’s Tweets – level 2
The US president, Donald Trump, is very active on social media. He writes many posts on Facebook and tweets on Twitter.
However, Twitter found some of his recent tweets controversial and labeled them. According to Twitter, a tweet about the US voting system contained information that could be false. Twitter also said that a tweet about the protests in Minneapolis could make the protests more violent.
The same posts appeared on Trump’s Facebook, too. However, Facebook did not react to them.
Facebook’s boss, Mark Zuckerberg, said that the posts did not break the company’s rules. It made some of Facebook’s employees angry. They said that Facebook should delete the posts, and they decided to protest. However, Zuckerberg said that Facebook should not check if the information that politicians post is correct.
Difficult words: controversial (something that makes many people angry and they discuss it a lot), label (to put a word or some information on something to give more details or warning about it), contain (to have or include something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos