President´s Tweets – level 3
Some Facebook employees are protesting against the company´s decision to leave up controversial comments made by the US president, Donald Trump.
Last week, Twitter added a fact-check label to Trump´s tweet about the system of voting and a warning label on a tweet about the protests in Minneapolis. Twitter added that the second tweet could potentially encourage violence at the protests.
Facebook left the same posts up, and Facebook´s CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, later said that the posts did not break Facebook rules.
However, Facebook employees complained about the decision on Twitter. A Facebook employee said that he was ashamed to work for a company that did not take down Trump´s post that encouraged violence. Zuckerberg has repeatedly said that Facebook should not fact-check what politicians say on its platform.
Difficult words: controversial (when something causes a lot of disagreement or argument), fact-check label (when a social media platform marks someone´s post or tweet because it can contain misleading information), warning label (a label that is attached to an item and it warns about the risks connected with the item; when a social media platform marks someone´s post or tweet as potentially dangerous), platform (a service or a program).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.