Prisoners save a guard – level 1
This happens in Texas, USA. Some prisoners are at a court. They are in a cell. They see the guard outside of their cell collapse. Something is wrong with him. They get out of the cell.
They do not run away. The prisoners try to help the guard. They call for help. No one comes. Then they use his radio to call for help.
More guards come. The prisoners go back in their cell. The guards try to help. People from the hospital come. They help the guard. People are thanking the prisoners for saving the guard’s life.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What happened to the guard and how did the prisoners react?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.