Pro-Palestine protests – level 3
About 100,000 people gathered in central London to show their support for Palestine and call for an end to Israel’s bombardment of Gaza.
This demonstration followed a recent terror attack by Hamas and Israel’s response. Protesters held signs with slogans like ‘Freedom for Palestine’ and ‘Stop bombing Gaza’.
The Metropolitan police estimated that around 100,000 participants had joined the rally by 2 pm. They marched through central London, reaching Whitehall by 3 pm, and most of the crowd had dispersed by 5 pm. Ten arrests were made during the event, primarily related to offenses involving fireworks, public order, and assaulting an emergency service worker.
The gathering coincided with the opening of the Rafah border crossing, allowing limited humanitarian aid to enter Gaza. However, more aid is still needed for Gaza’s population, which has been facing severe hardship.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What has been the global response to the situation in Gaza?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.