Problems at an airport – level 1
Heathrow is an airport in London, UK. Big problems with bags happen there last week. A technical problem happens in one terminal. Travelers come to this terminal. They wait for hours at check-in. Some people travel without their bags.
Hundreds of bags are in a room. People wait for two hours at baggage reclaim. Baggage reclaim is where travelers wait for their bags and suitcases.
Airport workers fix the problem on the same day. Many at UK airports are having trouble. Not enough airport workers are working. Brexit and the coronavirus make them stop. Airlines must cancel many flights.
Difficult words: terminal (a building at an airport where travelers arrive or leave), check-in (a place at an airport or hotel where people report they are there), airline (a company which carries people or things by plane).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos