Problems at an airport – level 3
On Friday, a sea of luggage piled at London’s Heathrow airport after a technical malfunction.
According to a Heathrow spokeswoman, there was a technical issue with the Terminal 2 baggage system, and many passengers departed from the terminal, traveled without their luggage. Others faced delays at check-in.
Travelers complained on social media that they had to wait for over two hours at baggage reclaim, and they posted pictures of the terminal hall crammed with hundreds of bags. The malfunction was fixed later that day, and airport staff worked around the clock to reunite passengers with their belongings.
The travel disruption was the latest in a series at UK airports. They have been facing the busy summer season with heavy staff shortages, which has led to hundreds of flight cancellations.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.