Problems with bottled water – level 2
Around 800 million of people around the world have no access to safe water to drink. For many others, it is a normal thing.
Bottled water is the most popular drink in the US, but many problems come with the drink. Some cities have only bottled water, as the pipes for tap water are too old. Bottled water is much more expensive than tap water. At the same time, tap water is safer, and bottled water has a very bad impact on the natural world.
A factory usually needs three liters of water to make one liter of bottled water. Also, to make bottles, it is necessary to burn oil. To make bottled water requires 2,000 times more energy than tap water requires.
Difficult words: access (the right or possibility to have something), tap (a device through which water comes in homes), require (to need).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos