Protests and Health – level 2
Protests are very stressful for both protesters and people who watch the protests on TV. People can eat or drink more, they can feel sad, or they can have problems going to sleep.
Experts warn that protesters can have health problems a long time after the protest ends. People who protest against racism are physically and mentally tired. These people go to many protests, and they feel that their work never ends.
Some protests can be calm; however, sometimes, the situation gets serious. Police shoot at protesters, and there is a lot of violence.
It is not easy to process anger and pain. Experts say that protesters need to look after their mental health. It is good to meditate, go to a psychologist, or write in a journal.
Difficult words: process (to get over something unpleasant), meditate (to think deeply and be quiet for some time), journal (when a person writes in a notebook or ca computer what he does every day and how he feels).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.