Protests in Brazil – level 2
Protesters in over 200 of Brazil’s cities and towns want to take their president to court because of the coronavirus pandemic in Brazil. Half a million people died there during to the pandemic.
This was the biggest movement of people against the president since the pandemic began in Brazil. Protesters say that the president said the coronavirus was a “little flu,” and he did not do things to try to prevent the spread of the illness. The president said that he wanted to protect Brazilian jobs.
Difficult words: because of (when something is the reason for something), prevent (to stop), the spread (when something goes up in numbers across a place)
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos