Protests in Czech Republic – level 2
The largest anti-government protests since 1989 happened in Prague on Sunday, June 23rd. People were protesting the country’s prime minister, Andrej Babiš, and his justice minister.
The people demanded that Babiš step down because of questions about a possible conflict of interest and fraud. Although Babiš is a billionaire, the EU gave him money which was supposed to help small businesses.
An EU report says that he hid the fact that he had a farm so he could get the grants. The report says that he should return around $20 million in total.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.