Protests in Gaza – level 1
This news is from Gaza. In March 2018, Palestinians start to protest. They call the protest the Great March of Return. Palestinians protest every week. They want their land back. They say that Israel has taken their land.
One year later, there is a big protest. Forty thousand people protest in March 2019.
In one year of the protests, Israeli police kill 250 Palestinians.
Difficult words: has taken (present perfect of ‘take’; it happened already and it is done).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
We write news in three different levels of English. We want to help you understand English more. Now all students can enjoy reading and listening.
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.