Protests in Gaza – level 2
More than 40,000 people protested along the Israel–Gaza border on Saturday March 31st. They marked the anniversary of the Great March of Return protest.
Since March 2018, there were protests at the border every week. The Palestinians demand their land which they say Israel took from them. In the year of protests, the Israeli police killed more than 250 Palestinians.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.