Protests in Haiti – level 3
Hundreds of people demonstrated against the government in Port-au-Prince in Haiti, and looters took control of the city’s business district.
They set vehicles and a petrol station on fire. The police responded by firing tear gas and live shots, and they made several arrests.
People are angry because inflation is extremely high there. The demonstrators are saying that President Jovenel Moise is corrupt, and they are asking him to quit. A court also said that officials took loans for themselves which were for the country.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.