Qatar solar power plant – level 2
Qatar opened its first big solar power plant, which will lower the country’s impact on the natural world.
The power plant covers an area of more than 10 square kilometers with nearly 2 million solar modules, which follow the sun’s movement. They can get the most of Qatar’s year-long sunshine.
The project cost around 500 million dollars, and several companies worked on it. The power plant could create up to 1.6 gigawatts of electricity, which makes 10% of Qatar’s demand.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.