Rare minerals in Europe – level 2
Swedish company LKAB found more than one million tons of rare minerals in the north of the country.
No other deposit of these minerals exists in Europe, and Europe fully depends on China and Russia for them. These minerals are necessary to make electric cars, wind turbines, and electronics, and the global demand for them is growing.
When the new mine opens, everything will change for people there. Europe will become self-sufficient, and it will make these products with much less transportation and pollution.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.