Rat in the Parliament – level 3
A rat became an unexpected guest in the Parliament of Spain’s Andalusia region.
Speaker Marta Bosquet suddenly reacted in surprise when she spotted the rodent inside the chamber during a session on Wednesday last week. The parliamentary broadcast showed the moment of surprise before several lawmakers looked at the ground and others tried to keep off the floor. Although no picture of the invader was seen, the panic caused in the room left people to wonder how big the rat was.
After a few minutes, calm was restored, everyone returned to their seats, and the session resumed.
Difficult words: rodent (a small animal like a rat or mouse), session (a formal meeting), restore calm (to make a situation calm again).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos