Renault electric cars – level 1
Renault wants their electric cars to do well. They think that their electric car Ampere will make a lot of money. They want to make 10 billion euros in 2025 and 25 billion euros in 2031.
Renault plans to sell parts of the company in 2024. But it is a bit hard. Not many people want electric cars now. Also, there is strong competition from China. The boss Luca de Meo says that Renault has enough money for Ampere. But selling parts of the company will help them grow faster.
Renault also makes a new electric car Twingo Legend. This car is cheaper than the other electric cars. Renault wants to compete with cheap Chinese cars.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What strategies does Renault have in place to ensure the success of its electric vehicles?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.