Renault electric cars – level 3
Renault aims to boost confidence in its electric vehicles unit, Ampere, projecting a revenue surge to 10 billion euros in 2025 and 25 billion euros in 2031.
The company disclosed financial objectives, including break-even in 2025 and a 10% operating margin by 2030, ahead of a planned market listing in 2024. The IPO faces challenges due to sluggish electric vehicle demand, market uncertainties, and heightened Chinese competition. CEO Luca de Meo emphasized Renault’s cash capacity for Ampere’s growth but preferred the IPO for accelerated development. However, he asserted that if the valuation falls below an undisclosed threshold, the IPO plan would be abandoned.
Renault also introduced a new EV model Twingo Legend priced below 20,000 euros, aiming to compete with affordable Chinese alternatives.
Difficult words: disclose (to make a secret or new information known), break-even (to have no profit or loss at the end of a business activity), valuation (the monetary worth of something), threshold (the level, rate or amount at which something comes into effect).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What measures has Renault put in place to ensure the successful launch of its EV unit Ampere?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.