Rescued dogs from a lab – level 3
In the US, a large dog rescue mission saved around 4,000 from drug tests and experiments.
In May, people sued a Virginia facility called Envigo RMS for multiple acts of animal cruelty. Inspectors found the dogs had food with maggots and feces, nursing mother beagles had no food, some of the animals died from easily treated conditions, and 25 puppies died from cold exposure.
Now, the effort is to find the dogs good homes. Many of the animals show signs of trauma, they had never felt grass before, and some of the puppies didn’t know how to be held or play. However, according to the US Humane Society, people are overwhelming the shelters because they want to adopt the dogs.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.