Restaurant in water – level 2
A restaurant on the bank of the Chao Phraya River near Bangkok, Thailand, had big problems during the pandemic, and more problems came when water in the river started to rise last week.
The owner of the restaurant wanted to close, but he decided to wait. The restaurant stayed open, and customers enjoyed dining while the river washed their feet. Sometimes, bigger waves came, and they left customers drenched. People shared funny videos on social media, which probably saved the restaurant. More people wanted to visit the place and enjoy its special atmosphere.
It seemed that floods would destroy the business, but they made it grow again.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.