Runners and cyclists make art – level 3
Fitness fanatics are creating art while tracking their runs and bike rides on their phones, turning their exercise into a masterpiece.
When you create art with your GPS as a paintbrush, you follow points on a map to make a single line across an area to create the art. You enter the points into a fitness tracking app called Strava in advance, and the app then traces your every move. If you make a mistake, your whole artwork has to be started all over again.
Artists from around the world upload their drawings to Instagram, where they join a growing gallery with more than 18,000 pieces posted under the hashtag GPS Art that already show hundreds of thousands of kilometers.
Artists say that the activity is a mix of art and exercise, and for many, it began with the pandemic when traffic suddenly went away and people had more free time.
Difficult words: fanatic (a person who’s extremely interested in something), in advance (before doing a particular thing), hashtag (the symbol # that’s used on social media to describe the general subject).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.