Russia and EU Elections – level 2
In May, the EU had elections to the European Parliament. Now the EU says that it has evidence that Russian groups tried to influence those elections.
The EU’s report said that Russians tried to stop people from going to vote, tried to change how they were going to vote, or tried to make them angry.
The report said that social media companies helped with this problem but that more needs to be done. The report did not blame the Russian government directly or say if the tactics actually changed how people voted.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.