Russia drug scandal – level 3
In 2021, 15-year-old Russian figure skater Kamila Valieva tested positive for a banned heart medication at the Russian National Championship.
However, Valieva was allowed to compete in the single event. Some months later, she also competed at the Beijing Winter Olympics, where she won the gold medal for her team.
In her defense, Valieva claimed that the positive test result was allegedly because of a mix-up with her grandfather’s heart medication.
Russia’s anti-doping agency said that it wouldn’t release investigation results to protect the interests of the figure skater. The agency said that it strictly follows principles on international and Russian anti-doping standards, but it also considered the case’s facts and circumstances of the case.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.