Scientists discover a new dinosaur – level 3
In Argentina, archaeologists found fossils of a ferocious dinosaur. The fossils will give insight into the evolution of some of the biggest predators on Earth.
The new predatory dinosaur had tiny arms like the T-Rex, and scientists named it Meraxes gigas after a dragon from the book series ‘Game of Thrones’.
For scientists, the fossil is important because it’s the first complete fossil of a carcharodontosaur. It’s so complete that scientists can study everything from the whole arm down to the smallest toes, the whole foot, and the length of the head.
Although the animal weighed four tons, its arms were just over 60 centimeters long, which scientists say is absurdly short.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.