Scientists study panda poo – level 1
Pandas eat bamboo. Bamboo is very hard. It is not easy to digest, but pandas can do it!
This is very interesting to scientists. They want to know how the pandas do it. They study their poo.
Scientists want to create a biofuel. This biofuel is made from plants. The information from panda poo can help the scientists.
Pandas only eat some parts of the bamboo. Scientists want to know why, also.
Difficult words: digest (to change food into energy), poo (what comes out of the body after you eat something), create (to make), biofuel (energy for homes and cars from digestion).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about pandas helping make fuel?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.