Sea Animals in the River Thames – level 1
The River Thames is a big river in England. It flows through London. It goes out to the ocean. Two thousand marine animals swim into the river every year.
In 2016, people see a seal. In 2017, people see a porpoise. This year, people see a Beluga whale.
They name him Benny. They say that he is lost. Beluga whales usually live in cold water.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.