Sea Animals in the River Thames – level 2
Two thousand marine animals swim into the River Thames in England every year. In 2016, a seal came onto a beach, and in 2017, people saw a porpoise.
This year, people saw a Beluga whale. They named him Benny and said that he is lost because he should be in cooler waters.
Difficult words: marine (from the ocean), porpoise (a small whale similar to the dolphin), Beluga whale (a white whale that lives in water around the Arctic).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos