Selfie Every Mile – level 1
The Pacific Crest Trail is in the USA. It starts on the border with Mexico. It ends on the border with Canada. It is 2,600 miles long (4,184 kilometres). It goes through the mountains of California, Oregon and Washington.
A man goes on the trail. He takes a selfie at every mile (1.6 kilometres). He turns the pictures into a video. You can see how he changes. He is a little fat at the beginning of the video. At the end, he is not. He lost 50 pounds (23 kilograms).
The man did not finish the trail. He stopped 418 kilometres from the end – there was a snow storm.
Difficult words: crest (the top of a mountain or a hill), trail (a way in the countryside), border (an area where two countries meet).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this man’s pictures and his trip?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos