Shanghai in lockdown – level 2
Shanghai, China’s biggest city, went into lockdown again.
The lockdown split the city into two different parts. On the eastern bank of the Huangpu River, people went into lockdown on Monday. Officials asked them to stay indoors, but some people didn’t know about it. When they woke up that morning, there were fences in the streets. On the western bank of the river, people started the lockdown four days later.
Some people agreed with the lockdown, and they said that it was necessary to control the virus. Others were very angry, and they said that they felt like they were in prison.
The cases of COVID started to increase again, and China tried hard to stop the coronavirus from spreading.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.