Shark and a Seal – level 1
Great white sharks can be 6 metres long. They can be 2 tonnes heavy. Many people see great white sharks in Massachusetts. Massachusetts is on the east coast of the USA.
One video is really cool. It shows a great white shark. The shark hunts a seal. The seal jumps out of the water. The shark jumps out, too. It tries to catch the seal.
The seal is lucky. The shark does not catch it.
Difficult words: coast (the part of the land near the sea), hunt (to try to catch, kill and eat), seal (an animal which feeds its babies with milk, rests on land and catches fish in the water).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the shark and the seal?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos