Sheep make a heart – level 3
An Australian sheep farmer paid his own unique tribute to his beloved aunt. Due to pandemic restrictions, Ben Jackson was unable to attend his aunt Deb’s funeral that took place 400 kilometers away.
He scattered grain in the shape of a heart in a field, so that when he released his flock, thousands of sheep would come into the field and fill up the vast shape. After a few uneven attempts, his outline worked, and then he let the animals roam. In recent years, Jackson created a few other sheep artworks in the shape of symbols and logos, and his aunt had always been a fan of his creations.
Like many families separated during the pandemic, Jackson wasn’t able to say goodbye to a loved one, and he felt hopeless. He didn’t know what to do, and while feeding his sheep, he got the idea to make a massive heart for his aunt. He recorded the result on a video by drone and then sent the video to relatives ahead of his aunt’s funeral.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.